MIDAS: Risk Rating Analysis of DDoS Attacks
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks pose a significant threat to most businesses, jeopardizing networks, websites and even revenues. But accurately assessing the risk levels – and the potential impact has never been easy.
In this new white paper, Prolexic explains how to combine two scoring systems to develop a better picture of your DDoS risk level and vulnerabilities.
What you’ll learn
- About the MIDAS System
- Four MIDAS categories of DDoS attack classification
- About NIST CVSSv2
- Integrating the MIDAS and CVSSv2 to determine a comprehensive DDoS risk rating
- Example calculations for both MIDAS and NIST CVSSv2
What you need to know
- Both MIDAS and NIST CVSSv2 have metrics in place to measure key aspects of information security
- The MIDAS system defines attack types, whereas the NIST CVSSv2 allows quick assessment of various types of DDoS attacks
- The combination provides an understanding of both targets and sizes of incoming attacks